First Year Internship.

Financial help?

You can do an internship abroad between your first and second year at school.

Either you want to benefit from an ERASMUS PLUS funding  (a grant or financial help) or you don’t need the money or don’t want to bother with it.

If you want to benefit from the ERASMUS PLUS programme, your internship needs to be two full month long, for example from the 8th of May to the 8th of July and of course you need to give the required information to your teacher and be selected. This internship also needs to take place in en eligible country (EU member states plus Iceland, Liechtenstein, Norway, Turkey and Croatia).

If you don’t need/want a grant, then your internship can be six week long as for the other students and anywhere in the world.

In both cases you can benefit form the help of the Conseil Regional d’Aquitaine:

How can I find an internship?

It depends on the country. The school has addresses and partnerships with Spain (ask your Spanish teacher), Italy (ask your Italian teacher), Austria (ask your German teacher) and Quebec (ask your tourism teacher).

For the UK and Ireland, it is a bit more difficult as they prefer longer periods.

Also you can look for something yourself, go to the Second Year internship section.

Second year internship.

After you completed your diploma you can apply for ADAST (a combination of regional and European funding).

The internship is six month long and must take place in an eligible country (EU member states plus Iceland, Liechtenstein, Norway, Turkey and Croatia).

There is no partnership, you need to look for your internship yourself, look below for some interesting websites. If you don’t find anything ask your language teachers for help. in the USA. They take care of everything: find the company, deal with the visa requirements etc. But it comes at a cost (around 1500€). Also the internship needs to take place in the year following your graduation. It is a requirement to obtain the J1 visa. the number one website for free classified ads in the UK


Add a comment

Make a free website with emyspot - Signaler un contenu illicite sur ce site